Friday, June 11, 2010

Gary Coleman's Model Trains

Gary Coleman was a model train enthusiast...make that "model train obsessive-compulsive". His collection and layout would be worth $150,000 or more, but don't forget, he paid full retail. He ruled over his train world until he was unable to move the layout to California, where he failed to rule as governor. His trains and layout were left in Colorado, where they now sit packed up in boxes in storage. There's simply no room for them anywhere at the moment, and nobody has come forward with the $1.6 million needed to house them properly. Shannon would like to sell them on eBay and if she has her way about it, she probably will do just that. I have a bid in for the 4-12-4 handmade Calabaloo live-steam Engine myself. You can see my own H-O train layouts in my book, "Parallel Worlds DayTripper Excursions". I don't plan to have my layout destroyed and packed up in boxes...I've already taken it apart and plan to rebuild it in the Astral Plane. Now, how to monetize a model train layout in the Astral is another matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment